Sunday, November 06, 2005

A bueracratically festive month

It seems so long since i wrote any stuff on this blog and so many things just rolled on.Work in itself is tiring enough(oh just started browsing today and one link led to another and i found on a
blog containing exactly what ran through my head when i saw the Tata Dicor ad ."I always wanted to quit on Monday morning"Absolutely loved the ad so much that while leaving on Friday evening while chatting with my manager i just say did you see that ad for Dicor....loved it.I really can be cruel.)
The whole of last month has been a lesson for me in bureaucracy.3 months after cancelling my previous postpaid they say it never was cancelled and the network is following me unwantedly everywhere.Then there's my current postpaid issues.But the best part was when i called up their cust careboth had a common service level.
One says our backend is down...
other says our servers are not up.WoW.
Then there's my issue with a bank who has discovered advertising suddenly and is going gung ho that it has themaximum ATM's in India.Well i never expected much but to discover that forget ATM's one branch manager could not discover phone number of the main branch in a different city in one whole month was news.After one month of strutting to the bank patiently requesting my manager for a few hrs leave the day i lost patience and expressed my displeasure im clearly told my place.
It is your mistake maam to lose the draft .........not ours..so wait till we find out if it can be cancelled......hmmm.......true...very true.Actually very true....i should never have bothered...went to the my only near to reliable source GOOGLE and in 20 minutes flat found the phone number and i can now continue my ordeal once weekend is over.
As if all these thing dont make you feel dead hopeless in life my mom coaxes me into taking a loan and now i have to discover all the stuff about form16's and floating and fixed.
Then i got a refresher course of my organisational political set up at office.More on that in later posts.Damn life i feel but then i had my silver linings.

There was such wonderful cricket and then i met up a few friends some very dear ones after it never seemed to happen and felt quite happy about it.Thats why i love so many festivals...birthdays...newyears..Perfect excuses to call or chat up friends as in general you feel sometimes so strange with no words to say as much as you want to say stuff.I bought a few more of those stones that are a girls best friend no matter what.They sure brought some sunshine in this extended rainy season.
Yeah i beleive in retail therapy now after all these years of resisting my sister trying toconvince me of it.I observed and discussed its wonderful effects on myself and in friends lives.

Labels:

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

:) exactly whats going thru my mind too. the dicor ad brings a smile everytime i see it. and even i am facing the same postpaid problem! still paying the bill in chennai while i am in hyderabad!

11/07/2005 06:47:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home